The Aims and Objectives of the Birmingham Satyananda Yoga Centre are:
- To provide a meeting place for all the yoga-minded people of the West Midlands who, in some degree, identify with the teachings of Swami Satyananda.
- To provide the focus for a systematic communication network between teachers and practitioners, so that programmes & events may be better publicised and supported.
- To make available classes where the general public can gain a fuller understanding of the practice and philosophy of yoga.
- To make available a programme of classes, seminars and courses for those wishing a deeper understanding of yoga.
- To train teachers of yoga, in both the spirit and the body of yoga, so that they may "Learn by doing, Teach by being".
- To promote the teachings of yoga in general, and of Swami Satyananda in particular, through the sale of books & the loan of books from the library.
- To provide a space where yoga people can come to be quiet and get in touch with themselves.
- To maintain and develop stronger links with other Satyananda Yoga Centres and the headquarters of the Bihar School of Yoga in India.