Satyananda Yoga Centre Birmingham was founded by Swami Satyaprakash, who dedicated over 30 years of her life to offering yoga classes and creating programmes across the West Midlands and beyond, for the purpose of inspiring and helping others to develop and grow physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Satyananda Yoga Centre Birmingham UK is a Not-For-Profit organisation, holding an extensive lending library and offering sales of most Bihar School of Yoga books, plus CDs, malas & lotas.
The main focus of the Centre is the provision of a wide range of weekly yoga classes in Birmingham and throughout the surrounding West Midlands area. Currently there are ten teachers associated with the Centre offering not only Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced yoga classes to the general public, but also classes in specialist institutions or special applications of yoga:
- ante-natal and post-natal yoga
- autistic people
- elderly people
- mental health rehabilitation groups
- stress management
In addition to weekly yoga classes, normally there is a small programme of:
- evening courses, eg. meditation courses, yoga therapy courses
- kirtan and chanting of Mahamrityunjaya mantra
- shankhaprakshalana & other salt water cleansing practices twice a year
- day seminars for all levels of students, special interest groups and teachers on a variety of topics
- occasional weekend seminars, eg Mantra Yoga, Tattwa Shuddhi
For further information please contact Sue Duffy